Viewing: Who » Limp.
'Rumors of my demise may not have been greatly exaggerated.'
'Fuzzy' mentioned I've ongoing health issues which affect my work.
This has never been a secret, and although something I don't want to dwell on or whine about, it's relevant and should be mentioned.
In recent years (since about 2006, I think, with a notable downturn in late 2012) I've had a progressively worsening CFS-type thing; it's certainly beyond normal stress-induced burnout (which seems to have been the initial trigger, aggravated by continuing to work rather than rest).
It's requiring a change in how I work, to more of an advisory/background role, and that hasn't been (and still isn't) simple or speedy.
Overall, I'm weaker… less confident and more introverted, than I used to be.
I can still do all-nighters, but that's not wise. To be effective I need to work smarter rather than longer/harder, and so I try to restrict myself to 3-4 days a week, each no more than 4-6 hours.
This shift to part-time has been beneficial and so I'm pacing myself accordingly.
Beyond the frustration of not being able to handle my commercial activities as well as I'd like, I'm not too bothered… hell, things could be a lot worse.
And, as I said… I'm reluctant to mention this because there are many people with far more serious conditions and greater challenges.
But the reality is that I won't work as much as might be expected of someone in my position, and so to conceal this would be less than honest toward prospective business partners and others.
More 'about g'…
- Fuzzy. Entrepreneur?
- Limp. 'Rumors of my demise may not have been greatly exaggerated.'
- Back. Wait, then wait some more.
- Forward. This-way-thatta-way.
- Blast. It all works out ok.
- TMA. Too many aptitudes...
- 32 Traits. 'By these be the man defineth.'
- The Creative Personality. 'That explains a few things...'
- Facebook. Authentic and transparent, not crisp and focused.
- The Magician and the Showgirl. It's what-and-who I know that you don't.