'Speaking and listening.'
(1 minute read.)
'Sometimes you need answers, other times you simply (?) need to be heard.'
Mentoring is a relationship between two people.
- It's usually relatively longer-term - three months or more as a minimum, though often ongoing for years.
- It provides an opportunity for somebody to speak with someone who understands and cares, about issues and concerns in their life and/or business.
- It can include elements of personal and professional coaching… encouraging and inspiring and motivating guidance to help someone reach and maintain/expand their full potential, through developing increased awareness/confidence/capabilities toward reaching their objectives and achieving more.
'And sometimes it's good to just talk…' so, in addition to the stuff above, my mentoring includes a 'How's your day been, honey?' service.
It can get lonely as boss of a business.
Cue Mr Springsteen: 'I just want someone to talk to, and a little of that human touch.'
My sessions are well-suited to:
- Get-it-off-your-chest debriefs on what's happening with specific things.
- Sounding-out ideas.
- Griping about the crappy day/week/month you've had.
My sessions can be from 15-minutes to an hour, and usually weekly or monthly - with an 'emergency' ad-hoc 'call anytime' for more immediate needs.
They're almost always done by phone - not video.
Format is simple: you speak and I listen. And when appropriate, I speak and hopefully you listen.
The whole thing is laid-back and relaxed, and can be a good pick-me-up - restoring a person's energy, improving their mood, or generally lifting their spirits.
For insight and perspective…
[ SHOW MORE/HIDE ▼ ]
As noted, nowadays only in very limited circumstances am I available for advice & support and/or mentoring.