Things are better without an imposed timeframe.
I recognize that 'creativity & productivity can't be commanded'.
So, rather than try to force myself I've learned to ease-off and patiently bide my time, heartened by this Bukowski riff:
'What do you do? How do you write, create?'
You don't, I told them. You don't try.
That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more.
It's like a bug high on the wall.
You wait for it to come to you.
When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it.
Or if you like its looks you make a pet out of it.
Am I seriously advocating 'sit on your arse and do nought'?
Yep. If that feels right. And not if it doesn't.
Of course it's ridiculously self-indulgent… but in my life ‘wait until the moment arrives’ has often worked, so I'll stick with it, and when it feels right unquestioningly do it.
For insight and perspective…
[ SHOW MORE/HIDE ▼ ]
- Authenticity. Respect and honesty.
- Business? Or 'enterprise'…?
- 'They say, we say.' Different strokes...
- Rush? Things are better without an imposed timeframe.
- Gonzo. A little something for the non-conformist in us all.
- It stinks. The essence of marketing?
- Presentation... 'I am, I said...'
[ HIDE THIS ▲ ]